"Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth."
- Jules Verne, A Journey to the Center of the Earth
Welcome to my humble blog. My name is Michael, and I am an avid pursuer of happiness. This blog will be a collection of all things that peak my curiosity and possibly yours too. Professionally I am a software engineer; I am also a cook, an artist, entrepreneur, husband, traveler, and most certainly a student.
One of the most important lessons I have learned in life is to pay attention. Pay attention to the people around you, to the places you visit, to the mundane as much as the spectacular, and always pay attention to yourself. Today I am not the person I was yesterday, and tomorrow will not be like today.
Welcome to my humble blog.
Random Things About Me
- My real name is Misha or Mishka; I'm rarely addressed as such but I find it endearing when I am.
- I was born in 1987 in a small town of Korsun, Ukraine.
- I have consumed far too much media in my short lifetime; it's time for an information diet.
- My favorite season(s) are fall and spring, when it's windy and not too cold or too warm. I like temperate climates best.
- I'm a futurist.
- I hope to live forever.
- I'm obsessed with learning new things; what better way than have infinite time to do so.
- I like change. This makes habit forming extremely difficult for me.
- I have experienced and had friends in all walks of life. I am not without judgement.
- I love cooking because I love trying new foods.
- My girlfriend is a very dear and important person in my life.
- When I was thirteen years old I made a mental decision to abandon being an artist and pursued the life of an engineer. I wonder how my life might have been different.
- The first time I saw a computer I was nine years old after my family immigrated to United States.
- I taught myself how to program when I was eleven because I wanted to make websites about Dragon Ball Z.
- I have spent a large part of my early life trying to impress others while sacrificing personal happiness.
- I'm obsessed with productivity.
- My favorite section at Barnes and Nobles are the self help books.
- I love traveling; I want to spend at least one year on the road at some point in my lifetime.
- I have a degree in Game Development; for a short time I worked at Electronic Arts as a gameplay programmer.
- I have a deep passion for AI and at one point was exceptionally good at it.
- I love books, and feel most at home surrounded by them; particularly while sitting at Barnes & Nobles drinking an overpriced coffee.
- I skipped school a lot when I was a kid. For awhile mostly going on adventures. Once I could drive, I would spend my time at B&N learning how to program.
- I hope live a happy life and give back to humanity.
- I want to go to outer space
- I love my wife.